- Check concentrations of glycol (see fluid chart below.)*
- Check fluid level, if applicable.
- Check that the reservoir and fluid are free of debris or contamination.
- Ensure crankcase heaters are operating.*
- Check & clean condenser(s) and fan(s).
- Check compressor AMPs (compared to name plate.)
- Check the pump(s) for leaks.
- Check pump motor(s) AMPs (compared to name plate.)
- Look over piping for any cracks or leaks.*
- Check that sealed electrical boxes are adequately sealed.
- For outdoor units, make sure Ebox heater is operating in order to keep components that need heat to run properly are protected.*
- Check compressor, pump and fan contactors (replace if needed.)
- Check fuses and replace as needed.
- Inspect, clean or replace.
Proper Flow & Pressure
- Most chillers are equipped with a pressure gauge.
If you have any questions about how to determine adequate flow and pressure, please call our Service Technicians at 800-968-5665 ext 500.
*These checks are especially important leading into the winter months to prevent freezing in your system